[Spambayes] 3 problems

Robert Neuschul robert at imagine.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 05:53:26 EDT 2003

1] changing the Web UI to permit remote login/config/training. Cannot
find anything in the docs, or in any of the obvious scripts to permit
anything other than a default http://localhost login. Is this possible?

2] when running either the pop3proxy or the pop3proxy_server script, my
current version of Spambayes [downloaded last Friday] is now refusing
SMTP connections. This worked since installation without a problem
until about 4 hours ago. The only nonstandard item I have in the config
is the ini file entry

[Storage]
persistent_use_database:False

Right now, this message is only going out because I've set the smtp
server settings in the mail client to go direct to my actual server.

3] Is it possible to configure the text of the X headers anywhere
obvious? Again, I've had a quick look through the documentation and
can't see anything obvious, and whilst I've looked at some of the py
files I'm nervous of messing with them.

Info: running Spambayes on a W2K server, with SP2, using latest
ActiveState Python. Mail client is Virtual Access and full debug logs
of POP/SMTP sessions are available if required.

TIA,

Robert