[Spambayes] Re: [spambayes-dev] Remote access

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Tue Jul 15 16:27:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

>I put that in the html_ui section, and  the proxy wouldn't start at all. I then
>added ":True" at the end and it announced an invalid option at startup. I also
>tried it in the pop3proxy section with the same result.

This is my bayescustomize.ini
[Categorization]
ham_cutoff = 0.20
spam_cutoff = 0.90

[pop3proxy]
pop3proxy_persistent_storage_file =
d:/NoBackup/users/ricard/Spambayes/hammie.db
pop3proxy_spam_cache =
d:/NoBackup/users/ricard/Spambayes/pop3proxy-spam-cache
pop3proxy_ham_cache = d:/NoBackup/users/ricard/Spambayes/pop3proxy-ham-cache
pop3proxy_servers = mail.example.com,pop.example2.com,pop.example3.com
pop3proxy_ports = 6110,6111, 6112

#[globals]
#verbose = True

[html_ui]
allow_remote_connections = True

By default the value is false. (look in Options.py)
What I did is
wget http://192.168.0.26:8880
and a file named index.html is save in the current directory
in index.html you have the interface of pop3proxy

Then I tryied with mozilla (a web browser) and I was able to access
pop3proxy
with
http://basswood:8880
or
http://192.168.0.26:8880
basswood is the name of the PC running pop3proxy and 192.168.0.26 is its IP
So check your bayescustomize.ini to have the good line or copy and paste
the one in this email.
It should be "= True" not ":True"

Remi
papaDoc at videotron.ca