[Spambayes] Strange happenings

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jul 14 14:30:34 EDT 2003

> No problems for since installing the software - doing a great
> job of moving spam but this morning when I opened outlook I
> noticed spam being checked but it didn't appear in my inbox
> or the spam folder. On closer inspection I noticed that the
> "Spam Manager" option had disappeared and there was only the
> "delete spam" option on the toolbar. Any ideas what's happened?

Which version are you using?  If version 002 of the binary, then this
would probably be fixed by version 003 (the toolbar code changed a lot).

When you say that you noticed spam being checked, but not appearing,
what do you mean?  Do you mean that messages briefly appeared and then
vanished?  Or that it was moved somewhere else?

If you could go through the steps in the troubleshooting.html file (if
the manager is gone, you'll have to either get to this by going to the
folder spambayes was installed to, or look at the version on the website
(http://spambayes.org), especially the bit about finding the log file,
that would help.