[Spambayes] Outlook plugin & bad folders

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jan 15 14:22:39 EST 2003

[Tony Meyer]
> Now, normally, one should fix the cause, not the effect, but
> in this case the folder is on an exchange server and is not
> mine (it's a public folder).  Getting the owner of the folder
> to fix things would be very difficult.

Of course, fixing the cause makes sense when possible, but if Outlook and
other tools all work OK, then it is a bug in spambayes that we don't.

> I've never
> used Python before, so this may not be the best way to do
> this (suggestions of better ways are welcome, obviously).

Excellent!  The more common pattern is to catch pythoncom.error, but
pywintypes.com_error is an alias for the same object, so your code is just
fine.

The only thing is that we are wrapping the recursive call to
_BuildFolderTree in the exception handler.  I would generally prefer to only
catch the operation in error.  Is it possible for you to include the full
traceback without this patch applied?  Then I will get it into CVS.

Thanks for digging in to find this problem!

Mark.