[Spambayes] Using Spambayes w/ Eudora

Tue Jan 14 09:12:26 EST 2003

1/14/2003 9:05:37 AM, François Granger <francois.granger at free.fr> wrote:

>on 14/01/03 6:36, Neale Pickett at neale at woozle.org wrote:
>
>> Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:
>>
>>> Last time I looked, Eudora ate everything to the right of an @ sign
>>> as the server name. And the field was limited to something like 14
>>> characters.
>>
>> Oh, man, that sucks!
>>
>> Okay then, I guess the only thing for it is to have a map in python from
>> usernames to username/host combinations.
>>
>> {'user1': ('pop3.bigmailhost.net', 'neale'),
>> 'user2': ('pop3.mediumhost.net', 'npickett')}
>
>I would have an issue with this since I try to have the same login name on
>various servers...
> francois.granger at free.fr
> francois.granger at laposte.net
>
>A scheme where i would use alogin of francois.granger:free and
>francois.granger:laposte would make it. Then pop3proxy just need to split on
>":" and match the remaining "free" to "pop.free.fr".

This would only work for mail servers that conform to the 'standard' naming
convention.  I have one mail server that is 'incoming.verizon.net'  We would
need to do <username>:<complete server name>... this all gets ugly, and I'm
wondering how successfully the 'average user' could set all this up...  - TimS