[Spambayes] Using Spambayes w/ Eudora

Tony Lownds tony at lownds.com
Mon Jan 13 17:35:44 EST 2003

Hi All,

I just started using Spambayes with Eudora. It works fine -
fantastically in fact - for one POP account, but some limitations of
Eudora are making using two POP accounts very problematic.

As far as I can tell, Eudora can have multiple POP accounts with
different POP servers, but the port cannot be changed using normal
means. Even through extraordinary means (installing an "Esoteric
Settings" plugin), the port number is only changeable at a global
level, not per-POP account.

Since Spambayes listens on a different port for each proxied server,
I am limited to one spam-free account right now.

Has anyone had luck using Eudora with multiple POP accounts going
through pop3proxy?

(Using Eudora 5.2 on Mac OS X 10.2.3 w/python 2.2)

Thanks,
-Tony