[Spambayes] Changing the icons in the Outlook Add-In

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Dec 18 17:41:35 EST 2003

[D.Kindred at telesciences.com]
> After using the Outlook Add-In myself for a while I've started
> setting it up for those users who get a lot of junk.  SO far most of
> the comments have been positive.
>
> The one unusual complaint is from a user who doesn't like having the
> "mean grouchy unhappy" face staring at her all the time.

Good for her!  Most people think we put the icon on the button just to make
it easy to find, and maybe provoke a smile.  She's the first one to figure
out it's actually staring at her, and really doesn't like her <wink>.

> The "happy" face is okay, but you only get to see that in a spam folder.
> Is there a way for a user to change the icon?

Many, but that's a builtin function of Outlook, so you don't need us for
this.  Type "change button image" at the Office Assistant when in Outlook,
and it will lead you to the relevant docs.  You can remove the icon
entirely, replace it with the happy face, replace it with a number of other
silly icons Outlook provides, or even edit the icon pixel by pixel, all
within Outlook.

The last time I tried this, the next time I started Outlook a box popped up
asking whether I accepted Microsoft's End User License Agreement for
Outlook.  Say "yes" <wink>.