[Spambayes] Oh good!

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:12:13 EST 2003

kent tegels wrote:
> Fine, so I uninstall the plug-in and use setup to install the source
> code version.
>
> Now the toolbar for SpamBayes doesn't seem to work at all, and the
> "remove add-in" approach doesn't work since SB isn't registered any
> more. Worse yet, other posters asking "how do I remove SpamBayes"
> don't seem to getting answers posted back to the list. Yikes.
>
> So, I'll ask too: How do I completely remove the Add-In so that I can
> install and have a functioning application based on the source code
> so I can run SpamCount on Windows with Outlook.

Two different issues.

How do I completely remove the Add-In?  See item 3.14 in the FAQ:
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how-do-i-uninstall-the-plug-in

How do I have a functioning application based on the source code?  You
need to register the source code version of the plugin as a COM object.
Go to the Outlook2000 directory and run "addin.py --register".  Your
current toolbar is dead because there is no COM add-in to respond to
it's events.  After you register the source code version, your toolbar
should magically start working again.

--
Kenny Pitt