[Spambayes] Connecting to localhost

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Fri Dec 5 08:51:23 EST 2003

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:45:24 +0000, Richie Hindle <richie at entrian.com>
wrote:

>   File "[...]sb_smtpproxy.py", line 253, in __init__
>   [...]
>     self.bind(port)
>
> It's the "bind" call that tells the system that you want to listen on a
> particular port, and that is what was giving you the 'Address already in
> use' error.  So I don't understand it, no.  Is it possible that KMail was
> actually talking directly to your ISP's SMTP server without you realising
> it?  Did you forward any emails for training, and did that work?

The bind would have been trying to bind to port 25 on the remote server,
which in this case is localhost.  That means that port 25 is already taken
on this machine, inferring that there is an smtp *server* running...

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone