[Spambayes] A proposal for mail filtering

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Wed Dec 3 17:34:51 EST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:16:29 +0100, Paul Wagland
<spambayes at kungfoocoder.org> wrote:

> My suggestion is to implement some form of mistakes based training.

This strategy has been debated on this list ad-infinitum.  The people who
currently write code for spambayes by-and-large believe that it is less
valid than a training regimen that includes positive reinforcement of
correct decisions made by spambayes, as well as proper training of unsures
and correction of mistakes.

There are test data that seem to indicate that mistakes only based
training is deficient in terms of overall false positive/false negative
rates.  The statisticians in our number can address this a bit better, I
think...

That said... if you wish to contribute some code, we probably wouldn't
turn it down... <wink>

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone