[Spambayes] Serious Problem

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 2 12:27:56 EST 2003

Hi David,

>Something curious started happening to all the email I receive after I
>upgraded from the "old" (pre-reorganization) Spambayes to the new one
>(e.g. that includes "sb_filter.py").  When mail is run through
>sb_filter.py, any line which begins with a period ("."), and all lines
>thereafter, are stripped from the email.  For example, the following
>paragraph begins with "./configure".  If you don't see it, you're
>seeing the bug.
>
>./configure is the command most people use to run a configure script.

I don't know if this can be related to the fact that on Unix (I don't
know if this is in one of the RFCXXX)
to indicate the end of an email you start a line with a dot "."

So want I think is appening is the email package in sb_filter see your
mail and forward everything up to a line
starting with a dot "."

Remi