[Spambayes] Re: SMTP Errors using Eudora

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Aug 28 18:40:14 EDT 2003

> I pulled the latest CVS this morning and tried it - same problem.

Oh well, it was a nice thought.

> I'm assuming you meant line 231, not 331, as the place to add the
> print statements, since 331 doesn't line up.

Opps.  Sorry, you're right.

> And the answer is:
[...]
> pulled " RCPT TO:<edrubins at mindspring.com>"
> pushed " RCPT TO: <edrubins at mindspring.com>"
[...]
> pulled " QUIT"
> pushed " QUIT "
>
> There seems to be an extra space after the pushed QUIT, which
> isn't there after the pulled QUIT, or any other command except
> the pushed RSET. Hope this helps.

It does, yes.  The proxy should only push what it pulls - exactly.  I
think that the smtp server is trying to use the space after the QUIT as
another command, which is not right.

I'll try and get a fix for this shortly, and let you know when it's done
so you can try it out.

Thanks for the help tracking this down.