[Spambayes] First time use problems?

Jason Ahrens jason.ahrens at rogers.com
Thu Aug 28 00:34:17 EDT 2003

Hello, I am having a problem with getting SpamBayes to work for me.

I have tried both 1.0a4, and from CVS. In both instances I have the same
problem. I am trying to set up SpamBayes on a Linux 2.4 system, using
Python 2.3. My mailboxes are maildir format.

When I give the command "hammiefilter.py -n" to initialize a database, as
shows in the documentation, I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/python-2.3/bin/hammiefilter.py", line 53, in ?
    from spambayes import hammie, Options, mboxutils
  File "/opt/python-2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/hammie.py",
line 260
    if __name__ == "__main__":
     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I've turned up nothing so far with searches through the archives of the
mailing list, so I am hoping someone can help me.

Thanks

Jason

--
The only thing you can change is yourself;
but sometimes, that changes everything.