[Spambayes] Urgent Editorial Request

anthony baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Aug 28 01:54:27 EDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:02 pm, Bernd Kling wrote:
> I am writing software reviews for a variety of German computer
> magazines. At present I am selecting trial versions, shareware and
> freeware programs for a CD-ROM which is to accompany "Expert's inside
> Windows NT/2000 - Exchange" (www.experts-inside.de), a newsletter
> published by redtec Publishing.
 [ snip ]
> I would very much like to include your software in this selection.
> Please testify your approval by signing this notice and returning it
> by fax.

Spambayes is released as open source code, under the Python Software
Foundation license. Feel free to include it on as many CDROMs as you
wish.

There's no-one who "owns" the code that would be able to send in a
fax of confirmation - well, the PSF could, as the copyright is assigned
to them. But I'd say the chances of them doing this are close to zero.

See the FAQ:
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#what-is-the-license-how-much-does-it-cost-can-i-pay-anyway

Or, a direct link to the license itself:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/LICENSE.txt

(note to anyone with CVS access at the moment (i.e. not me) the FAQ
erroneously uses the acronym PSA, instead of PSF. I'll fix tomorrow
if no-one else gets to it first).

Anthony