[Spambayes] Spambayes, doing a great job, but stalling on high mail load

Rainer.Scherg at boschrexroth.de Rainer.Scherg at boschrexroth.de
Tue Aug 26 10:56:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

using spambayes  V007 (outlook plugin), it is doing a great job
filtering all this Sobig.F mails.  Thanx for that a lot!

But here is a small bug report:

Over weekends the outlook plugin had to filter about 6000 emails
(due Sobig.F attacks) to my spam folder  (currently @2000 spam
mails a day - my normal spam rate is 150 mails/day).

So, here is the bug report: ;-)

After filtering @1500 mails the outlook plugin stalls and doesn't
filter anymore. A restart of outlook solves this problem and
spambayes continues to filter messages. So it is not a servere
problem, because normally you don't get such much spam (hopefully).

Is there any way I can help you or give your more detailled
information on this bug?

cu

 Rainer