[Spambayes] Re: smtp auth issue

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Aug 13 21:12:30 EDT 2003

> > Is the MUA definitely connecting to the server?  (i.e. the
> > address and port information is correct?)
> Yes. When the smtp server is set to the actual server name, the
> authentication works correctly.

I meant to ask "is the MUA definitely connecting to the server through
the proxy". Sounds like it is, though.

> When it is not, here's what happens:
[...]
> either it is trying to authenticate on localhost, or it is
> failing to pass the username and password to the server...

Well, smtpproxy doesn't try and do any authentication, it just proxies
(unless it finds a message to one of the training addresses), so it's
not the former.

Like David's problem, I really need to have smtpproxy run with some
debugging information to track this down.  Do you want to use smtpproxy
to train rather than the web interface?  If so, would you be willing to
run a debugging copy of smtpproxy to try and track this down?