[Spambayes] Re: Functionality as an __incoming__ SMTP filter ?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 11 19:12:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:32:54PM +0200, Florian-Daniel Otel wrote:
[...]
| Is it possible to set up spambayes as an __incoming__ SMTP tunnel ? In
| other words I would like to forward my mail from the inital SMTP
| server to spambayes set up as a SMTP server on another machine where I
| have root access,
[...]

It looks like you are using exim 3 as the SMTP server.  In that case,
take a look at
    http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim3_spamassassin.html

Although the doc is geared towards spamassassin, the principle is the
same.  Just substitute the proper hammiefilter invocation for the
spamc invocation and ignore the spamd specific instructions.

-D

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/