[Spambayes] SpamBayes binary v6 quirks

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Aug 8 09:58:42 EDT 2003

> Still no help. I
> then looked in the Com Add-in's to ensure that it was enabled. It was
> checked as enabled. At the Com Add-in box, I removed the
> SpamBayes DLL and
> then reattached it through the Com Add-in's tools, exited
> Outlook, restarted
> Outlook and it has been working fine since. I am still not sure what
> approach I should take when v7 of the binary installer occurs.

It is possible that you struck the "dead toolbar buttons" but.  We still
aren't sure what causes this.

> On the other machine, with Outlook 2000, the installation
> proceeded without
> apparent problem (either visually in the process or in the
> log) and has
> worked well except (there is always an "except") some messages are not
> being spam scored. I don't see any pattern to which messages
> are missed. I
> have experimented with the delay timings (timer_start_delay)
> in v6 between
> 2000 and 4000 and timer_interval between 1000 and 2000 with
> no apparent
> effect. If I go into the SpamBayes Manager and force a
> "Filter Now" on the
> messages in the Inbox, they score without apparent problem
> (so I don't think
> it is related to message content). Has anyone had any
> experience with the
> timing parameters as to whether this might be a solution?? Am
> I missing the
> intent of these parameters?

If you check the log file for that machine, does it indicate that a timer
was started to process missed messages?  Many people have reported that the
timer stops SpamBayes missing messages like this.

Mark.