[Spambayes] One potential problem with this filter apporach

John Clegg cleggj at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 30 11:09:15 EDT 2003

Hi

I am really impressed with this implementation of a spam filter. Like
everyone else I (and my company) have been plagued by spam. I was thinking
about the way the spambayes works, and I think I have thought of a way
spammers could get around it. A devious spammer could use images as instead
of text. So the email would just contain an HTML table. It's something you
guys should think about how your filter will operate on these types of
emails.

FYI: I am former CTO of Baazee.com from India and I have designed email
delivery systems for the company.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

John Clegg