[Spambayes] spamprob combining

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Apr 26 09:35:46 EDT 2003

On 26-Apr-03 Tim Peters wrote:
> Oops!  Sorry about that.  This was an ancient partial reply that
> appears to have escaped from my Drafts folder; I'm not sure how,
> but I didn't intend to send it.

No problem. Seeing [Spambayes] in the subj line just made me think
my mail system had gone totally berserk (since I unsubscribed quite
a while ago). My spam filter, after working flawlessly until
mid-Feb, did break (word db got wiped out ???) and it isn't
retraining itself very well/very quickly. About 10% spam is getting
through - pretty awful. I was hoping it would converge to its
original performance, but it looks like I'm going to have to fix it
one of these days.

It does make me wonder if the original performance was a fluke (or
if something is still broken).

Jim