[Spambayes] SMTP proxy

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Apr 25 11:57:26 EDT 2003

> Thanks again for the info. I checked the CVS and see the
> files. I will hold off as you suggested, but will my
> hammie.db file which contains all the training results work
> with the new files once they are done?

Absolutely.  I think I can safely say that should at any point in the
future databases from an old version not simply work in the new version
a converter will be provided.  For the moment you should simply be able
to point the new version at the old hammie.db and it'll 'work out of the
box'.

It's perhaps worth mentioning, however, (and for anyone listening, not
just you), that it's worth making the occasional backup of the hammie.db
file.  There has been the odd case of the db being corrupted (using when
a crash happens during spambayes' operation).  We're working on a way to
solve this problem, but if retraining isn't easy (if you don't keep you
old mail, for example), then it's worth having a backup that you can
fall back on.