[Spambayes] Renaming options

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Apr 21 16:51:12 EDT 2003

[Skip]
> Still, if they are better named something other than what
> they are today, it will only be harder to change them later,
> especially after another release.

I must admit that crossed my mind :)  Well then, assuming that I take
full responsibility for changing the code over, what about the following
renaming (I'll hold off doing this for a while, so that people can
respond):

* New section "Headers", which takes these from section "Hammie":
	clue_mailheader_cutoff:0.5
	header_ham_string:ham
	header_name:X-Spambayes-Classification
	header_score_digits:2
	header_score_logarithm:False
	header_spam_string:spam
	header_unsure_string:unsure
	trained_header:X-Spambayes-Trained
  And these from section "pop3proxy"
	evidence_header_name:X-Spambayes-Evidence
	mailid_header_name:X-Spambayes-MailId
	prob_header_name:X-Spambayes-Spam-Probability
	thermostat_header_name:X-Spambayes-Level
	include_evidence:False
	include_prob:False
	include_thermostat:False
	include_mailid:False [was add_mailid_to:]

* In "globals" section, change verbose from a boolean to an integer

* Rename these from section "pop3proxy"
  ports:   ->  listen_ports:
  servers: ->  remote_servers:

* Rename these from section "smtpproxy"
  ports:   ->  listen_ports:
  servers: ->  remote_servers:

* Both section "hammiefilter" and section "pop3proxy" have these:
	persistent_storage_file:
	persistent_use_database:
  Can they be combined (into a new section, maybe)?
  The only difference between them at the moment is that
  hammiefilter's defaults to being in the home directory.

This would mean a whole heap of changing config files, but on the other
hand, some of that is necessary with the new options stuff anyway, and
you're absolutely right that it's better to do this now than later.  For
the most part, the shifting I've suggested is as a result of the project
growing beyond the original hammie.