[Spambayes] Re: imapfilter mangling headers!

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Apr 17 11:09:02 EDT 2003

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions <tim at fourstonesExpressions.com> writes:

> 4/17/2003 8:49:24 AM, David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>
>>That's nifty!  Unfortunately, I am not the system administrator on
>>the system where this will run, so installing things that can
>>integrate with a webserver may not be an option for me.
>
> The 'web' configuration program runs locally.  The browser will just give you
> a user interface to the configuration program.  You'll use a url like:
> http://localhost:8880  or something like that.

I'm a web-idiot, so if you say this will work, I'll take your word
for it.

> Yes. I certainly can see that.  We just got a report from another imap user
> yesterday about his imap server giving an error related to newlines, with a
> patch that replaced \n with \r\n in the message as it was being saved into the
> classification mailbox.  He indicated that the patch solved the problem, so I
> am currently implementing that change.  However, my imap server doesn't seem
> to mind the newline malformation that his did, so I can't really test the fix.
> I'll probably check it in later today or tonight.  If you don't mind checking
> it (on a test account) and letting us know if it helps, we'd greatly
> appreciate it.

I'd love to, but I think that whatever it takes to set up a test
account is probably beyond me, especially since I don't have admin
privileges on my server machine.  Maybe I could convince the admin to
set up a mail-only account for you guys so that you can do testing (?)

Would that help?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting