Removing pickle support from Outlook? (was RE: [Spambayes] Lost database)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Apr 8 13:16:32 EDT 2003

I've added a bug for the fact that the addin doesn't save the database after
a train operation.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=717253&group_id=617
02&atid=498103

For the spambayes crowd: Doing this for a "pickle" database would be
prohibitive.

Now that there is a bsddb3 that works for Windows, how would people feel
about me dropping all pickle support from the plugin?  This will require you
to install bsddb3 (or Python 2.3) and do a full re-train.  As I have
mentioned before, I would also be happy to accept patches that do an
automatic migration ;)

Any objections?

Mark.