[Spambayes] Practical applications

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:46:56 -0500

[Gary Robinson]
> Right... for instance, say a new email comes into Outlook. It should be
> checked for spammness before going into the user's In box. I'm pretty sure
> this could be done in Visual Basic for Applications.
>
> And I read somewhere that anything a VBA script can do, an
> Active Scripting language can do. And I read somewhere that Python is an
> Active Scripting language.
>
> But... can it actually do it?

One way to do this in Outlook would be to create a Custom Action to be used
by the Rules engine, which according to the following cannot be done with
VB*:

  http://www.slipstick.com/emo/1997/up970804.htm#custom

Also, (as I think someone else pointed out previously), apparently rules in
Outlook 2002 are different.

Cheers,

// m