[Spambayes] Testing methodology

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:22:37 -0400

[Tim]
> [double heh!  now python.org blacklisted mu email address for "sending
>  spam", so the second attempt also bounced -- third time's the charm?]

[Greg Ward]
> Hmmm -- you managed to tickle SpamAssassin so hard (by quoting spam)
> that my local_scan() ended up rejecting your message rather than just
> quarantining it.  That landed you (or rather, the pair
> ("tim.one@comcast.net", 24.153.64.2)) on the automated sender blacklist.
> Luckily ASBL entries only last for three hours, so the third time was
> indeed the charm.

The third time I sent it using a different email account, so it didn't
tickle the blacklist.  Then the message was blocked by Mailman, for
"non-member posting to a moderated list".  Luckily, I'm a list admin for
this list, so I was able to approve it myself.  All this joy just so
python.org clients can remain ignorant of how small their penises really are
<wink>?

> I'm going to add tim.one@comcast.net to the sender whitelist, and
> spambayes@python.org to the recipient whitelist.  That'll knock 20
> points off anything you send to this list, which should pretty much keep
> SpamAssassin from bothering you again.

This is encouraging, but I don't think it's quite yet time to reveal that
it's all part of my plan to become an unstoppable spammer.