[Spambayes] Deployment

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:28:09 -0400

I think one step towards deployment is creating a re-usable tokenizer
for mail messages.  The current codebase doesn't expose an easy-to-use
or easy-to-customize tokenizer.

The timtest module seems to contain an enormous body of practical
knowledge about how to parse mail messages, but the module wasn't
designed for re-use.  I'd like to see a module that can take a single
message or a collection of messages and tokenize each one.

I'd like to see the tokenize by customizable, too.  Tim had to exclude
some headers from his test data, because there were particular biases
in the test data.  If other people have test data without those
biases, they ought to be able to customize the tokenizer to include
them or exclude others.

Jeremy