[Spambayes] timcv.py?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Fri Oct 18 17:07:26 2002

[Skip Montanaro]
> I've been busy with other stuff for a couple weeks and have only
> vaguely noticed all the changes happening.

Them mostly you missed a whole bunch of experimental code in classifier.py
get tested and thrown away again.  The code is more like it was now than it
was when you tuned out <wink>.

> I've been using a somewhat simplified version of Neale's runtest.sh
> script.  Is timcv.py still the core program used for testing?

That or mboxtest.py (depending on your data setup) remain our two
cross-validation drivers, which I recommend.  timtest.py remains a grid
driver, and there's no reason to use it unless you want to set up brutal
tests (train on a little data and predict against a lot, N**2-N times).