[Spambayes] Sort on Score Usefulness for Manual Updates

Alexander G. M. Smith agmsmith@rogers.com
Fri Oct 18 00:04:05 2002

Rob Hooft wrote:
> But Sean's "sort on score" idea is also very useful. I think it'd speed
> up the manual scanning/deletion process.

It does.  The BeOS version adds an attribute with the spam score to
each e-mail (each is a separate file in BeOS).  It's then easy to
show the attribute as an extra column in a normal directory window
and then click on the heading to sort it.  Then I can quickly junk
the spam and also quickly spot the marginal ones (ham or spam that's
close to the threshold).  I then manually add those ones as examples
to the database (right click on them, open-with the spam classifier
program, it asks if they are spam or genuine, and that's it).  Then
I go back to sort by thread and read the mail.  Relatively quick,
and effective at keeping the database up to date.

- Alex