[Spambayes] Re: Client/server model

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
Thu Oct 17 23:31:56 2002

So then, Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> is all like:

> Neale's hammie client and server seem to me to be wasting some
> effort.  Currently, what happens, is:
>
>   [ server tokenizes ]

I did it this way so you could write your own hammiecli in <your
favorite language> as nothing more than an XML-RPC call.  So like, <your
favorite MTA> could easily integrate hammie checking, without having to
know how to tokenize.  And as I pointed out in another message, you can
call the .score() method if you don't want the whole message back.  I
wrote hammiecli to run from my .procmailrc.

> What would make more sense from the POV of minimizing traffic and
> minimizing work done in the server:
>
>   [ client tokenizes ]

That makes sense too.  It depends on how you're going to use the thing,
I guess.  So I'll make .score() and .filter() accept a tokenized list as
well as a string.  Then you can call me the Burger King, 'cause you can
Have It Your Way.  :^)

Neale