[Spambayes] Re: Slice o' life

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Wed Oct 16 21:10:09 2002

On 16 October 2002, Harald Koch said:
> This is why I don't usually bother spam-filtering my email lists. I
> don't get much spam that way to begin with; most of my email lists have
> their own spam filters in place already. In the olden days, filtering
> lists resulted in too many fps; now it confuses the classifier.

Depends on the server -- I was surprised to learn that a list I follow
fairly closely (optik-users@lists.sourceforge.net) got nothing but spam
for most of the summer.  I never knew until I looked at the archive,
because SA on python.net kept all that spam out of my inbox, even if
it's spam from a mailing list.

(And yes, I am thinking of moving optik-users to either python.net or
python.org...)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Vote Cthulhu -- why settle for a lesser evil?