[Spambayes] Good evening/morning/afternoon everyone

Josiah Carlson jcarlson@uci.edu
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:42:51 -0700

Richie,

> > I have (in the past) had email software that doesn't allow arbitrary
> > header matching. By inserting the Subject, I guarantee that ANY email
> > software can filter it.
>
> A case for an option, maybe.  How old was this software? (please say "Very
> old" 8-)
>
> Thanks for the explanations of everything else.  I hope my comments were
> useful.

It is in fact fairly old...like '98 vintage or so.  I recently upgraded
to their 2.0 release and thought it was the same.  Turns out it
automatically parses new headers and allows one to search for those
specifically.  Pretty neat. (FYI I'm using Becky! internet email and
just wrote a console python app to parse and read email from their
proprietary files, works pretty smooth).

Your comments were very useful.  I've fixed the size stuff and went with
the X-Hammie-Disposition header.  Also fixed some other code and added a
few utilities (like one to convert mbox format files to pasp, and
vise-versa).

No problem about the explanations, thanks for the comments *smile*
 - Josiah