[Spambayes] Exchange integration

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon Nov 11 13:22:53 2002

Just musing here hoping someone can jump in with good comments.

--

I'm thinking about running spambayes inside Exchange 5.5 (or Exchange 2000).

At first, I thought I'd use the Event service, but in 5.5 it's async and MS even says "don't
use this to filter all your messages".

In Exchange 2000 apparently there's a synchronous event service, but I don't have
Exchange 2000.

So it looks like I need to create some kind of MAPI hook or preprocessor or mailbox
assistant.. I'm not sure which.

Anyone know? And, can I do this all in Python via COM or do I need some "real C to
hook in?

Finally, why does MS make it so hard to find the info you want?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements