[Spambayes] Upgrade problem

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 19:44:19 2002

pJust van Rossum]
> However, I did a cvs up today, and unpickling the database
> stopped working, as classifier.Bayes became a classic class. After
> some twiddling I managed to repair it, but now I get AssertionErrors
> during training:

I suppose it would have worked to restore the inheritance from object long
enough to open the old pickle, then copy the contents into an instance of
the changed class and pickle that.

>   [python:~/code/spambayes] just% ./hammie.py -g mymail/good.mbox.fix
>   Training ham (mymail/good.mbox.fix):
>        4
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "./hammie.py", line 483, in ?
>       main()
>     File "./hammie.py", line 460, in main
>       h.update_probabilities()
>     File "./hammie.py", line 336, in update_probabilities
>       self.bayes.update_probabilities()
>     File "classifier.py", line 327, in update_probabilities
>       assert hamcount <= nham
>   AssertionError
>
> Is my db screwed or is it repairable?

It's obviously screwed, and whether it's repairable depends on exactly what
"some twiddling" meant.  I'm sure you've built a new from scratch by now,
though!