[Spambayes] Outlook plugin - training

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Wed Nov 6 13:23:45 2002

From: Moore, Paul
> What does it do about "Potential Spam"? Train as if it were spam,
> and then correct its assumption when I move it back to the inbox?
> That probably makes most sense, given that the "Potential Spam"
> folder gets a "Recover from Spam" button, rather than a "Delete
> as spam" one.

Actually, I'm not sure I like "Potential Spam" being treated as spam
until confirmed as OK. I have Rules Wizard rules which sort E-Mail
traffic out into folders. I'm entirely happy with the behavious I
understand to be the case - rules processed before the plugin - as
I don't get spam on list addresses, so I'm OK with list traffic being
totally excluded from the spam process.

But I've had a couple of list messages end up in "Potential Spam".
Either the rules wizard is missing them (possible, I never had much
confidence in it :-() or the plugin is interfering somehow.

I think I may switch off the "potential spam" bit, and just filter
out known spam, and classify my Inbox by hand. I'll leave it a bit
longer before deciding, though.

Paul