[Spambayes] Why I added src=cid: etc

Matt Sergeant msergeant@startechgroup.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 15:40:42 2002

Tim Peters said the following on 03/11/02 03:20:
> This is typical of the kind of email I'm getting a lot of lately.  Without
> mining the HTML, there's almost nothing to look at, not even a word in the
> Subject line.  (Of course, if we weren't throwing the HTML tags away, the
> classifier would have learned this stuff on its own.)

It's a virus though. Why don't you just get a gateway scanner (like the
one I wrote [1] for qpsmtpd [2] which plugs into qmail and bounces
viruses with a 5xx return code) which uses clamav[3]? It's optimised for
catching viruses, so you can focus on just catching spam (lets face it,
the techniques are slightly different).

[1] http://use.perl.org/~Matts/journal/ # down at the moment so I can't
find the specific journal entry - but it was fairly recently and is
obvious because it's about 50 lines of perl
[2] http://www.develooper.com/code/qpsmtpd/
[3] http://clamav.elektrapro.com/

I'm down from about 20 viruses a day (because my address ends up in a
lot of web caches) to zero. And I'm very happy about it ;-)