[Spambayes] hammie misquote?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Dec 3 22:26:45 2002

In hammie.py --help the output includes:

    -g PATH
        mbox or directory of known good messages (non-spam) to train on.
        Can be specified more than once, or use - for stdin.
    -s PATH
        mbox or directory of known spam messages to train on.
        Can be specified more than once, or use - for stdin.

As far as I can tell feeding it directories instead of mbox files, doesn't
actually work.  The code in train() suggests this as well:

    def train(hammie, msgs, is_spam):
        """Train bayes with all messages from a mailbox."""
        mbox = mboxutils.getmbox(msgs)

which is called like so:

    for g in good:
        print "Training ham (%s):" % g
        train(h, g, False)
        save = True

where good is a list containing one directory if I invoke hammie like so:

    BAYESCUSTOMIZE=pfx.ini python ./hammie.py -g Data/Ham/Set1 -p ./hammie.db -d

Did I miss something or is this a documentation mistake?

Skip