[spambayes-dev] Dev environment setup

John Cherney jwcherney at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 18 18:06:43 EST 2023

Thank you, Marko! That did help. I found DebugView at https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/debugview. When I re-enable the spambayes add-in, I see the errors pop up in the debugview window. At this point, I haven’t had to install anything new. I’m playing around with the PATH and PYTHONPATH so the modules are found, and then adjusting code to python3. Fortunately, the changes fall within my limited knowledge of python and ability to google. It isn’t fast progress, but it’s progress.

For your other question: Spambayes with Python3, there is none that I could find. I’m hoping it’s just syntax changes that are required to get this running on a 64-bit MS Office install with Python3.

Thanks!
jwc