[spambayes-dev] Dev environment setup

Marko von Oppen marko at von-oppen.com
Fri Nov 17 12:40:21 EST 2023

Currently I'm not aware of the Spambayes status. I do not use external
email providers but I'm hosting the complete mail infrastructure myself.

Over many years it worked nearly perfect for me. The main setup was
Debian+Exim4+Procmail+Spamassassin+some own scripts+Spambayes. Together
Spamassassin and Spambayes were nearly 100 percent effective.

This was broken when Spambayes fell out after Python 2 was removed by
Debian and I did not want to let Python 2 on the system alone for Spambayes.

So currently I'm running Spamassassin alone but this by far not so good
as the previous setup.

My question is: How far is Spambayes for Python 3? Some people reported
a running port to Python 3 but it is not clear to me what exactly from
Spambayes is running and how well it is doing.

Could there give somebody a overview about Spambayes on Python 3?

Thanks and best regards

Marko