[spambayes-dev] ImportError: No module named spambayes.resources (line 12 of setup_all.py)

Erik M. Brown kirebrow at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 01:04:45 EDT 2022

Bravo Mark...LOL!

So I actually found my old HD with Windows XP and Outlook 2003 installed, and I'm booting from it, testing all of this.

Because I'm running Outlook 2003, the link you sent actually worked.  I changed it to the following:

    typelibs = [
        ('{00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}', 0, 9, 2),
        ('{2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52}', 0, 2, 2),
        ('{AC0714F2-3D04-11D1-AE7D-00A0C90F26F4}', 0, 1, 0),
    ]

When I ran setup_all.py this time, it appeared that all of the files were then in the build and distribution folders.  Next up was install Inno Setup from around that time, and I ran spambayes.iss.

So close, but no cigar because I got the following error:

Compiler Error
Line 125:
Column 13: - [Error] (37:13) Unknown identifier 'convert_db'

The code looks like this in the spambayes.iss file:

function ConvertDatabase () : Boolean;
begin
   Result : =convert_db ;
end;