[spambayes-dev] Spambayes and the Debian Project

Tony Meyer tony.meyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 23:43:20 CEST 2015

(Apologies for my top posting as well).

I really have the same questions as Skip - what does "dead" mean, and what
is the consequence of whatever it is?

I use SpamBayes in a commercial product - its handling millions of messages
a day for us without any problems. I have been slack at pushing stuff back
upstream (it's always on my list, but never quite seems to make it to the
top. I'll try harder to fix that), but in general it is still just the core
SB package. It's certainly not unusable.

I am also using it on Debian, for what it's worth. However, I don't use the
Debian package (and wouldn't - it's pure Python so I would always use pip
rather than apt).

Cheers,
Tony