[spambayes-dev] spoof detector

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Jul 9 14:50:28 CEST 2007

    Dave> I did eventually find the lookup_ip_cache option, but frankly the
    Dave> results are disappointing.  I would have expected one slow round
    Dave> in my train-to-exhaustion regime and then all following rounds to
    Dave> go very quickly, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

It flies for me after the initial run.

    Dave> Aha!  spambayes is relying on atexit to close the cache and write
    Dave> it out to disk, and tte obviously goes many rounds without doing
    Dave> that.

It should still have its cache in memory before exiting.  Only the first
round should be slow.  How many messages are you training on?  (I have about
250 messages total at the moment.)

    Dave> Problem is, my ssh connection to the server always drops before
    Dave> training completes, and I'm not sure why (my ssh connections seem
    Dave> to time out).

Do you have access to screen(1)?  That should help you retain sessions for
long periods of time if you're suffering from timeouts.  It's in /usr/bin on
my Mac.  I imagine it's avaialble available on most Linux boxes.

Skip