[spambayes-dev] Spambayes crashes Outlook

Alan Miles amiles at csusm.edu
Wed Nov 1 20:05:21 CET 2006

I checked you FAQ's for this problem and it doesn't address the problem
for my system.

SpamBayes Frequently Asked Questions

5.8   After installing SpamBayes, Outlook crashes and then asks for the
plug-in to be disabled. <http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#id65>

Are you using an Athlon 64 with DEP? There are issues with DEP and
Outlook with a SpamBayes-based plug-in. Listing Outlook as a safe
application on an Athlon 64 should "solve" the problem.

I am not using an Athlon-based computer. It's an Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz
running Win XP Pro. The program was working on an earlier version. My
system had a hardware problem and the motherboard was replaced. I
noticed that the plug-in no longer worked. I uninstalled the older
Spambayes and installed version 1.1a3
It crashes exactly as stated in the FAQ. I'm not sure what else to try.
I'm using Outlook 2003 (vers. 11) with all patches applied.

Thanks,		---Alan