[spambayes-dev] tte.py not working with zodb - no spam/ham counts

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Jun 29 21:49:32 CEST 2006

I'm trying to finish switching from bsddb to zodb.  I tweaked the shell
script I use to drive contrib/tte.py:

    python .../contrib/tte.py \
        --ratio=<whatever> \
          -g <hammbox> \
          -s <spammbox> \
          -R \
          -o Storage:persistent_use_database:zodb \
          -o Storage:persistent_storage_file:<zodbfile> \
          -c .cull \
          -v

The only change from the bsddb days was the addition of the two -o flags.
Seems to work fine (it spits out all the usual chattiness about number of
messages trained and missed), but when I run sb_dbexpimp.py on the result it
shows 0 ham and 0 spam and generates a csv file with just

    0,0

I suspect the spam and ham counts aren't being written to the zodb file.  I
see lots of promising clues in the file when I read it into a text editor
though, stuff like "url:listinfo" and "received:207.8.226.3".  Any idea what
I might be missing in contrib/tte.py to force writing the counts?

Thx,

Skip