[spambayes-dev] Switch to Subversion?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 01:29:07 CEST 2006

[Tony Meyer]
> Hey everyone :)
>
> Now that sourceforge offers subversion as well as CVS, what does
> everyone think about switching spambayes over to svn?

I only care about people actively doing checkins.  Is that set larger
than Tony today ;-)?

SVN is better than CVS in many ways, and migrations usually go
smoothly, so it's a good move in the absence of killer objections.
People make fewer mistakes with SVN, and mistakes that do get made are
easier to repair under SVN, so it's a good change for code quality.
It's also better for experimenting, as branches are much easier &
faster to create and destroy (try that under CVS) under SVN too.

In particular, Skip will adjust; IIRC, he had a lot of artificial
problems adjusting to Python's SVN move too :-)