[spambayes-dev] Windows/Unix(?) Command Line Training

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 17 07:31:15 CET 2005

> HOWEVER, it's not easy to "automatically" train e-mail from
> PMMail 2000. So, I've written some command line code that
> connects to the SPAMBayes webserver and trains on a filename.
>
> The source code is located at:
>
> http://uses.nac.net/fctr/spambayes/trainasspam.cpp
[...]

I've only just managed to (try to) have a look at this, sorry.
Unfortunately I can't get to uses.nac.net (DNS won't resolve).  Is that the
right address?

> The command line looks like this:
> C:\> TrainAsSpam FalseNegativeMessage.txt
[...]

1.1's sb_upload.py has a -t switch that 1.0.x's doesn't, which does this
too.  Since I can't see the code for your program I can't tell if they're
doing the same thing, but I presume so.

(With 1.0.x, you could use sb_filter/sb_mboxtrain to train, but you'd have
to shut sb_server down first).

=Tony.Meyer