[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Need assistance. Trying to make an Outlook binaryinstall from source.

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:08:25 CEST 2004

DUI-DWI wrote:
> This is where I'm stuck however.  The readme in the
> Outlook2000/Installer directory says to execute the following to
> create the 'dist' and 'build_spambayes' directories:

We don't use the McMillan Installer to build the binary anymore, so it is
probably way out of date with the current state of the source.  Go to the
windows/py2exe directory instead and run setup_all.py.  Then go up to the
windows directory and load spambayes.iss into InnoSetup to build the
installer.  Note that you'll need to run setup_all.py on a system that has
Outlook 2000 installed or it won't find the type libraries it needs.

FYI:  Questions like this are best asked on the spambayes-dev at python.org
list, which is intended for those who are modifying and rebuilding SpamBayes
instead of just using it.  While most of the developers follow both lists,
things occasionally get lost in the clutter of the higher traffic on the
spambayes list.

--
Kenny Pitt