[spambayes-dev] Incorrect Outlook stats

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:33:19 CET 2004

I just started working on getting the extended statistics into the Outlook
addin, and I noticed something in the stat tracking that isn't doing what I
think it should.

My SpamBayes accuracy has been so good that I have had no false positives or
negatives since Tony added permanent accumulation of the statistics.  So, in
order to test the statistics for incorrect classifications, I trained one of
my good messages as spam and checked to see that it showed up as a false
negative.

I then trained the message back to good, but the statistics still showed
that I had one false negative.  It seems like the correct behavior would be
to erase the false negative if the message is trained back to its original
classification.

I thought it would be a simple matter to check if we are training back to
the original classification and just decrement the appropriate statistic.
The non-Outlook apps store the original classification in the message info
db, but it doesn't appear that the Outlook addin does this.  Anyone (Tony?)
have any suggestions on how to go about fixing this?

--
Kenny Pitt