[spambayes-dev] Release 1.0?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun May 2 23:57:22 EDT 2004

[Tim Peters]
>> Other than that, the only killer flaw I notice ten times a day (in
>> the Outlook addin) is that in the "Filter messages ..." dialog,
>> "Start Filtering" should be the DEFPUSHBUTTON instead of "Close".
>> I've got "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a
>> dialog box" enabled on my laptop (I hate using touchpads!), and so
>> my mouse pointer always flies to the wrong button when I open that
>> dialog.

[Mark Hammond]
> Fixed!

And a joy it is!

Gotta love Windows:  after bringing up the filtering dialog, "Start
Filtering" is the default button now, so you can start filtering either by
clicking the mouse or by hitting the ENTER key.

If you start it by clicking the mouse, when it's done you can hit ESC to
quit the dialog.

But if you start it by hitting ENTER, when it's done hitting ESC "doesn't
work" -- the dialog stays open.  On my WinXP OL2003 it generates a "you
can't do that" sound, and on my Win98SE OL2000 it sits in silence.

So, for my fellow touchpad-hating laptop users, left-click the mouse and
punch ESC after.  That worked on both boxes, BTW.

at-least-it's-kinda-consistent-ly y'rs  - tim