[spambayes-dev] Train-to-Exhaustion in Outlook

Mark Hammond mhammond at keypoint.com.au
Mon Mar 8 21:15:50 EST 2004

> Tony Meyer wrote:
> >> Is there a way to force the Outlook addin to train on an
> >> already-trained message without rebuilding the entire
> >> database?
> >
> > Use Outlook to make a copy of the message, and train on that.  I'm
> > pretty sure that that works.
>
> That's what I thought, too, so that's exactly what I tried.  It may
> depend on Outlook version, but in 2003 it didn't seem to work.

Actually, we jump through hoops to *prevent* that trick working.  When we
move an object to another folder, we lose "Entry ID" - ie, just like a
"Copy" operation.  Thus, we use a different field to record the "id" of the
item - one that persists across move and copy operations.

> I'll play with some other combinations such as making copies
> within the
> same PST file and see if I get any different results.

Hopefully you wont <wink>

Mark